Wednesday, July 8, 2009

GO MINI-E LICENSE

In January I checked on getting an environmental plate. At AAA they told me it would take 12 to 16 weeks, so I passed on doing it. I was anticipating getting the MINI-E in February for 1 year, so it did not seem logical to have the plate for only a few months. I then decided to check out the DMV website and decided to order GO MINI-E anyway. In less than a month I was notified the plates were in at the local Costa Mesa DMV office! I went there and asked if I could put them on the car when it was delivered. Oh no, I had to wait for it to "get into the DMV system" (4 to 6 weeks) and bring in the plates they sent me and exchange them. Also, the printed instructions said I had to have a notarized authorization from the lessor of the car. Three weeks after the June 1 delivery AAA told me that the plates had been assigned. I returned from a short trip on July 2nd and the plates and BMW letter were in my mailbox.So, finally on July 3rd I picked them up without any mention of the need for the BMW letter. As you can see I put a red dash between the I & the E. It is fun to have the plates on now! One more small step for mankind---

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment